Being creative and challenging ourselves, we thought this list would show you some fun and innovative ways Anchorspace could be used.
If you have any to add to this list, let me know! (Because 1000+ square feet of awesome on the main drag in Ellsworth or Bar Harbor means lots of possibilities.)
1) Cocktail party
2) Book launch
3) Writer’s retreat (or any retreat where people will benefit from a dedicated quiet space to alternatively work together and work alone)
4) Vendor showcase (set up in one spot and have all your customers come to look and place orders!)
6) Board meeting (or, even better, retreat)
7) Teleconference event
8) Gamers gathering
11) Vendor check in meeting before a wedding
12) Community Forum/Discussion
13) Craft fair
14) Cooking demo (we have a pretty nice- and large- kitchen)
15) Book club meeting
16) Art Show/Pop-Up Gallery
17) Silent Auction
18) Food show
19) Meetup location (orientation, debriefing, or both!)
20) Tasting (wine, chocolate, anything)
21) Finish your novel (no need to wait for NaNoWriMo!)
22) Fitness classes (small groups)
23) Therapy sessions (you can use the conference room!)
24) Film screenings
25) Comedy shows
26) Staff Appreciation (we can get massage chairs, etc. set up getting your staff off-site for a treat is pretty neat!)
27) Mediation (sometimes a difficult conversation is best had in a neutral location)
29) Game day/night (chess or puzzles or games, anything intellectual and/or small group oriented really!)
31) Job interviews (do them all in one easy-to-find but private spot where someone is not listening in)
32) Work remotely (a working vacation in Bar Harbor? extend your trip in Downeast Maine and still take that conference call? Why not?)
33) For locals: get out of your guest bedroom (even the happiest home office worker needs a change of scene!)
34) Your non-car office (just because you are a traveling salesperson, doesn’t mean you have to work out of your car!)
35) Try out standing desks without the commitment (we have electric ones that go up and down as needed)
36) Have a Main Street Bar Harbor office or near Main Street Ellsworth office without the parking hassle or year-long lease commitment
37) Bring your own lunch to your downtown workspace without guilt (Have specific dietary needs or just don’t want to spend $10 on a sandwich? We have a full kitchen at both locations and a zero guilt policy!)
38) Network with other professionals using the space
39) Attend programs hosted by other tenants in Anchorspace and learn something new
40) Have a Main Street business? Meet with your customer/client without making them have to park somewhere difficult to come to see you!
41) Open House (you can tell people what you’re up to business-wise without worrying about if they’ll fit!)
42) Birthday party (Do you REALLY want to clean your house?)
43) Meditation (sometimes you just want to be alone)
44) Beachbody/Plexus/Insert-Company-Here Parties (your friends don’t have space to host a demo and neither do you)
45) Video recording
46) Photography session
47) Getting ready spot (for your wedding/party)
48) Clothing/accessories swap
49) Prom photo location
50) Indoor pop-up market
51) Trunk show
Consider Anchorspace when:
- Your house isn’t big enough (and you don’t want to clean it).
- When your business location isn’t appropriate.
- When your home office is driving you stir crazy.
- When you need to have a presence in Bar Harbor or Ellsworth without having real estate here.
- When you need to get things done on vacation.
- When you want to do something professional, fun, or both.